Name: Rees Street
The building at 3-5 Rees Street is of brick masonry construction, and is the oldest remaining 2-storied building in Queenstown, occupying a prominent position in the early town centre. It was designed by architect & engineer David Ross of Dunedin for Hallenstein & Co and completed by January 1871.
After receiving an EPB Notice, extensive seismic repairs were undertaken including installation of steel seismic frames, roof diaphragm, parapet stability and façade repairs. While the seismic repair was being carried out the opportunity was taken to remove asbestos, replace the roof and internal gutters, improve the insulation, upgrade services and repair and replace all damaged brick work.